The Camino fundraising program is a sweet deal for everyone.
Whether you are involved in school organizations, sports teams, and other community-based groups, there’s more to your efforts than just raising funds. You have the power to make a difference and become changemakers!
Fundraising with Camino is a great way for people who buy from you to give twice through one purchase: to you and your well-deserving cause, and also to family farmers in Southern countries through our fair trade business practices.
What’s in it for you?
When you are fundraising with a mission-driven organization like ours, you’re not just collecting money for your deserving organization or program. You’re also championing social justice and sustainability, which uplifts communities and paves the way for a brighter future
Create an assortment of delicious fair trade and organic certified products – chocolate bars, hot chocolates, baking ingredients, teas and coffees – that you’ll use to raise funds for your special cause or event. We offer a simple ordering process, lucrative margin on sales and delivery to wherever you need it.
What’s in it for family farmers in Southern countries?
You can feel great about how your fundraising efforts contribute to building vibrant sustainable communities here and abroad. Through our fair trade business practices, family farmers in Southern countries get your support in building positive trading relationships: a guaranteed fair price, social premiums, good working conditions and sustainable production methods.
In fact, your support directly impacts the livelihoods of over 47,500 small-scale family farmers who supply the ingredients for our delicious products.
How it works
Are you ready to make a meaningful impact? Simply fill out our form below, and join us on a mission that’s changing lives, one sweet bite at a time!
Take pride in being part of this remarkable journey and earn up to 40% in profits toward your fundraising project while still offering our products at a competitive market price.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us at [email protected]
Tips & tricks
The earlier you start, the more people you can reach, the more money you can raise towards your fundraising goal!
If you are leading a group of volunteer fundraisers you may wish to identify a few key people to take on specific roles:
- A people person. Someone who is organized and who can send out short and friendly reminders to all those raising funds (or to parents of students) reminding them of their goal, their deadlines and important updates. Have this person promote your fundraising event using community or school newsletters, social media, email etc.
- A numbers person. Someone who can count the money as it comes in and track your progress towards your fundraising goal.
- An inventory manager. Someone who can review the order when it arrives, report any missing items and distribute the items to all the fundraisers.
A clear goal will help your team stay motivated, focused and on track. Be sure to promote your goal to your customers whether it be to raise funds for team uniforms, school supplies, a field trip, etc.. Having a clear goal will allow your customers to visualize where their money is going and will be an incentive for them to buy.
Remind your fundraisers periodically before their orders are due, give specific instructions for collecting money, and motivate your team!
Coach them on talking points and conversation starters to help them introduce their cause to potential customers. Fairtrade Canada and The Canadian Fair Trade Network (CFTN) have some great resources.
Gather support for your fundraiser by reaching out to people at your workplace, congregation, book club or at community events. This is where social media comes in!
Award a prize such as a goodie bag of Camino products to your top seller(s).
- Did you know that Camino is a pioneer in fair trade that works closely and exclusively with democratically organized groups of small-scale farmers from 9 different countries?
- Did you know that we are a Canadian worker co-operative based out of Ottawa-Gatineau? Our employees are co-owners of the business, demonstrating our commitment to an alternative trading model.
- Did you know that we are 100% Fair Traders? Meaning that ALL our products contain ingredients that have been trading fairly. All our products are also organic certified.
Ask your fundraisers what worked and what didn’t so that your next fundraiser will be even more successful. Let us know any feedback you receive so we improve our program.
Know that your efforts have helped a cause in your community while contributing to the livelihoods of small-scale family farmers in the South.
Ready to get started?
Complete our form:
"*" indicates required fields