We are intensely happy (see what we did there) to share that Camino’s 88% Intensely Dark Bar has been named Product of the Year at the Canadian Fairtrade Awards! Made especially for dark chocolate lovers, the Intensely Dark Bar’s exquisite taste and smooth texture will make you melt.
Tom, Shannon and Sam were in Vancouver last month to accept the award, which we proudly share with our producer partners in the Dominican Republic, Peru, and Paraguay for the incredible beans and cane that make this chocolate so smooth and delicious.
Picture: Top- Product of the Year Award and the 88% Intensely Dark Chocolate Bar; Left – Tom, Sam and Shannon from Camino pose with Fairtrade Canada’s Executive Director, Julie Francœur; Right – Sam and Shannon pose with the other 2017 Fairtrade Award Winners
Here’s what our sugar producing partner from Paraguay had to say about it:
“We share with you the joy of receiving the Fairtrade Award and we send our congratulations to the entire La Siembra (Camino) team.” – Andrés González. General Manager, Manduvirá Co-operative
Feel like celebrating alongside us? Grab your own 88% Intensely Dark Bar!
Congratulations to all of the 2017 Canadian Fairtrade Awards winners!
- School of the Year: Olds High School, Alberta
- Campus of the Year: Cégep Sorel-Tracy, Québec
- Town of the Year: Selkirk, Manitoba
- Excellence in Public Outreach: Ethical Bean Coffee
- Event of the Year: Fairtrade Feast in Brandon, Manitoba
- New Product of the Year: Alter Eco Brand Extension including the Salted Almonds Bar and the Salt & Malt Bar
- Retailer of the Year: Choices Markets
- Trader of the Year: Discovery Organics
- Licensee of the Year: Ethical Bean Coffee
- Fairtrade All Star and Fair Trade Ambassador of the Year: Vanessa D’Antico
- Excellence in Producer Partnership: Doi Chaang Coffee Company
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Éric St-Pierre
- Product of the Year: Camino 88% Intensely Dark That’s us. Thanks guys!
And we aren’t the only winners. This year, we’ve already held three giveaways for our newsletter subscribers and social media friends. Improve your chances by following us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.