Kathy Smart is a registered nutritionist, holistic chef, best-selling author, and was the host of North America’s first gluten-free TV show. She is a personal fitness trainer, founder of the Live The Smart Waybrand, is known as North America’s Gluten-Free Expert, and we can proudly say she’s a local gal.
The Camino Team is super honoured that Kathy uses Cuisine Camino allergen-free fair trade, organic chocolate along with other Cuisine Camino baking products in her everyday life, in her creations as a chef and at home.
We’re gearing up for Kathy Smart’s Live The Smart Way Expo #LTSW in Ottawa on April 23-24, 2016. This event is Canada’s largest FREE health and wellness expo featuring a variety of Canadian vendors in the areas of fitness, food and holistic wellness. Have you signed up for your FREE Ottawa tickets to the #LTSW Expo? Get them here!
Not only are online tickets free, the Live The Smart Way Expo team has also allocated $500,000 of their marketing budget to charitable associations in each city in exchange for helping to promote the event.
Come visit us The Camino Team in booth #610 and feel free to ask questions! We will be sampling Kathy’s and Camino fan-favourite chocolates and other products at the show.
We can’t wait to see you there!
In the meantime, try Cuisine Camino products in this wonderful recipe from Kathy.
Coconut Bliss Protein Bites
Makes 36 Balls
- 1 cup quick cooking gluten free oatmeal (in Canada sold as wheat -free)
- 1 cup Cuisine Camino unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Cuisine Camino dark chocolate chips (bittersweet 71%)
- 4 tablespoons of Cuisine Camino unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup of unsweetened almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons of organic extra virgin coconut oil melted
- 4 tablespoons of ground almonds, hemp seeds or brown rice protein
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Moisten hands and form into balls and roll into the desired goodness.
If you find the mixture is not sticking together, add a bit more honey and nut butter.
Tip: Roll these in flaked coconut, cocoa powder or crushed almonds and drizzle melted dark chocolate.