Apple Streusel Muffins
A favourite breakfast or lunchtime treat, these apple muffins are made without nuts. The streusel topping gives the finishing touch with its extra dash of cinnamon.
- 2 cups all-purpose organic flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup Camino Golden Cane Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 organic or free range eggs
- 1 cup organic sour cream or yogurt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, peeled tart organic apples (approximately 3)
- 1/4 cup Camino Golden Cane Sugar
- 3 Tbsp organic flour
- 1/4 tsp organic fair trade cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp organic butter or margarine
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sour cream, and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in apples.
- Fill oiled or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle a rounded teaspoonful over each muffin.
Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.