Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 4 ounces (100 g) Camino Baking chocolate bar (71 or 55% cocoa)
- 3 tablespoons organic margarine or organic butter
- 3/4 cup (130 g) Camino Whole brown sugar
- 1 cup (300 g) golden table syrup
- 3 organic or free range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup (100 g) pecan nuts, chopped
- 1 unbaked 9-inch/22-cm pie shell or individual shells
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Begin by melting the chocolate with the margarine (or butter) in a double boiler. When melted, let it cool a little.
- Then add the sugar, syrup, eggs, vanilla and salt and beat to blend well.
- Put in the pecans and mix them in.
- Spoon the mixture into the pie shell and cook for 35 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack.