3 Ingredient Chocolate Spread
Spread the goodness! Make your own fair trade and organic chocolate spread, and share the goodness of simple, nutritious ingredients – no sugar added!
- 1 cup of organic dried pitted dates
- 3/4 cup of organic whole hazelnuts (shelled)
- 3/4 cup of Camino cocoa powder
- In a saucepan, add the dates and enough water to cover them completely. Cook covered at medium heat until the dates are very soft. By this point most of the water should have been absorbed by the dates.
- Place the hazelnuts in a food processor and pulse until they are finely ground.
- Add the soft dates (with the remaining water) and the cocoa powder to the ground hazelnuts, and blend the ingredients together in the food processor until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Split the spread into two jars. You can store the spread in the fridge for up to a month.
Enjoy the spread on French toasts, pancakes, waffles, or on a piece of bread.