Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Need snacks and an activity to do with the kids?! Make these great banana chocolate chips muffins with our Natural cocoa Powder and chocolate chips. They are so easy to make, delicious to snack on, and sweetened with only 1 spoon of honey!
- 3 organic and fair trade bananas, medium ripe (mashed)
- 1 organic or free range egg
- 1 Tbsp local honey or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp organic olive oil, or sunflower oil, or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup organic 2% plain yogurt (ideally Greek style)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Camino Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup organic all purpose organic flour
- 1 tsp baking soda if you use Camino Natural cocoa powder OR 1 tsp baking powder if you use Camino Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Camino Mini Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl mix in all the wet ingredients (mashed bananas, egg, honey, oil, yogurt and vanilla).
- In a separate bowl mix in the remaining dry ingredients (cocoa powder, flour, baking soda/powder, salt and chocolate chips).
- Fold the dry ingredient mix into the wet ingredient mix.
- Divide the batter in a muffin tray (makes 10 to 12 muffins).
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25 – 28 min, until the center is fully cooked.
- Let them cool and enjoy.