Chocolate Avocado Chia Pudding
Our friends at Blush Lane Markets provided us with this delicious recipe. Recently, we’ve been trying to create a chia pudding recipe with our all-time favourite food: avocado. Why not make a good thing great? The results: we nailed it. This avocado chia pudding recipe, when mixed in with some chocolate, combines the best of…
- 4 avocados
- 2/3 cup Camino’s cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds
- A pinch of salt to enhance flavour
- Sweetener to taste. We like about ½ – 3/4 cup of maple syrup, or honey if not vegan. For you keto-ers, use stevia to taste: about 1-2 tsp should work well.
- For an all Camino version, use 1/4 cup of Camino Golden Cane Sugar dissolved in 3 tbsp of hot water.
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. As opposed to mixing the chia seeds in with a spoon, blending it makes for a smoother, less seedy pudding.
- Blend until silky, which could take a few minutes. Be aware that you may need to stop and mix your pudding a few times throughout.
- Once blended, split pudding into separate cups and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to cool and thicken.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with chopped nuts or shredded coconut. Serve and enjoy!