Chocolate Candied Orange Peels
Keep your orange peels and make this easy treat recipe! Candied orange peels are perfect to snack on, serve your guests, or make ballots for stocking stuffers. And they are even better when dipped in chocolate 🙂 2 large Navel Oranges will make roughly 40 pieces
- Slice off the top and bottom of the oranges, then score the outside of the oranges into quarters. Gently remove peels and cut peels into approx. 1/4 inch wide strips.
- Place orange peels in a medium sauce pan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil over high heat. Once it starts boiling, remove the pan and drain. Repeat 3 times. This reduces the bitterness of the orange peel and softens them.
- Once drained for the last time, weight the orange peels and measure the equivalent of their weight in golden cane sugar.
- Place the sugar and the oranges in the sauce pan and add cold water up until it covers the orange peels. Add the liqueur (optional). Cook on medium heat for about 30 min.
- Let the orange peels cool down in the syrup
- Place the orange peel on a grill and reserve for 24 hours
- 24 hours later, melt the chocolate in a double boiler, dip the orange peels in the chocolate and set them aside on a baking sheet on a cookie tray.
- Reserve in the fridge for at least an hour before serving