Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Banana and chocolate, what could be better! Use your favourite Camino chocolate chips in this loaf, semi-sweet, unsweetened or anything in between. It freezes well, so make a double batch to freeze one for later.
- 1 cup mashed very ripe fair trade bananas
- 1/2 cup Camino Golden Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup organic sour cream or yogurt
- 2 organic or free range eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose organic flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup Camino Chocolate Chips (any type)
- In large mixing bowl, combine bananas, sugar, oil, sour cream and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and chocolate chips; add to banana mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Pour into oiled or lined 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 325° oven for 1 to 1 ¼ hours or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing the loaf to cool completely on a rack.