Chocolate Chip Cranberry Scones
These scones studded with chocolate chips and dried cranberries are likely to become a family favourite. This recipe works with gluten-free flour mix as well as regular flour. They freeze beautifully for a couple of weeks.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, rub the orange zest into the sugar.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With a grater, grate butter into the flour mixture. Toss lightly to combine.
- With a fork, stir in the kefir until a dough forms.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle the dough with the cranberries and chocolate chips; knead lightly to combine.
- Pat into a 1″ thick rectangle. Cut into 12 portions.
- Place the portions on a pan. Freeze for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Bake until golden brown, about 18-20 minutes.