Chocolate Lava Cakes with Raspberry and Ginger Sauce
For the chocolate Lava Cakes
- 11 squares of Camino Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (56% cacao)
- 5 tsp of Camino Golden Cane Sugar
- 1 tbsp of all purpose organic unbleached flour
- 1 free-range egg
- ¼ cup of butter (or margarine), melted
- 4 squares of Camino Bittersweet chocolate bar (71% cacao) or Camino Raspberry chocolate bar (65% cacao)
- Extra butter for greasing the moulds
For the sauce
- 1 cup of frozen organic raspberries
- 2.5 tsp of Camino Golden Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- 2 tsp of finely chopped fresh ginger
- Pre-heat the oven to 450˚F.
- Grease 2 small single portion cake moulds (approximately 2 oz each).
- Place 11 squares of Camino Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate and butter in a small glass bowl. Place the bowl in a double boiler at low temperature (or in the microwave at low power). Mix together as everything melts, until the texture becomes smooth and uniform.
- In a separate larger bowl, beat the egg and Camino Golden Cane Sugar until frothy. Mix in the flour before adding the melted chocolate. Mix together until the texture is smooth and uniform.
- Fill the two moulds half way, then add 2 squares of Camino Bittersweet chocolate bar or Camino Raspberry chocolate bar into each mould. Cover with the rest of the mix. (If you don’t plan to serve them right away, let it sit at room temperature until ready).
- When almost ready to serve, place the moulds in the oven for 10 to 12 min at 450˚F. The Chocolate Lava Cakes are ready when the outside is baked and the inside is melted.
- Remove the cakes from the moulds and serve them warm, alongside with the Raspberry Ginger Sauce.
Raspberry ginger sauce
- In a blender, add frozen raspberries, Camino Golden Cane Sugar, ginger and lime. Mix until smooth.
- Serve the sauce on a plate alongside Chocolate Lava Cakes.