Chocolate Valentine Shortbread Cookies
Jane is sharing with us her Fair Trade Valentines Shortbread recipe. Along with our Camino chocolate, she uses a Scottish shortbread recipe as a base that she calls 369.
- 3 ounces (or 6 Tbsp) of Camino Golden cane sugar
- 6 ounces (or 3/4 cup) organic salted Butter
- 9 ounces (or just over a cup) of organic flour
- A few drops of coffee baking emulsion
- 1 bar of Camino Milk chocolate
- 1 bar of Camino Intensely dark (88% cacao)
- For toppings: roasted coffee beans, nuts and sliced strawberries
- Rub the butter into the flour, add sugar and coffee and form a dough. Roll out and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Bake the cookies for around 20 minutes at 375 F. Take care to not over bake as they firm up when cooling.
- Melt in a separate double boiler a Camino Milk chocolate and a bar of Camino Intensely Dark
- Using a pastry brush, coat half of the cookies with milk and half with plain.
- Sprinkled the cookies with crushed coffee beans, nuts and topped with strawberries.