Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
These gluten-free, nut-free cookies are a yummy addition to anyone’s lunchbox. The crisp rice cereal adds a pleasing crunch . For those not on a gluten-free diet, they can be made with wheat flour.
- 2/3 cup Camino Golden Cane Sugar
- 2/3 cup Camino Whole Brown Sugar
- 1 cup organic butter
- 2 organic or free range eggs
- 2 cups organic gluten-free quick oats
- 2 cups organic crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups Camino Shredded Coconut
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour blend (OR 2 cups regular flour if not on a gluten-free diet)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars; beat in eggs.
- Mix together oats, rice cereal, and coconut.
- Sift together flour blend, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to cereal mixture.
- Stir in vanilla, add butter and sugar mixture.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.