Creamy Coconut Chocolate Bites
- In a blender, add the shredded coconut, the creamy part of the coconut milk (set aside the water and the remaining cream*), the maple syrup, and the vanilla extract.
- Blend it all for 1 to 2 min.
- By hand, shape coconut balls of bout 1 inch diameter.
- Place the balls on a cookie sheet and store in the fridge for 1 hour
- Just before taking the coconut balls out, melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Thickly coat the coconut balls with the melted chocolate.
- Place them back on the cookie sheet and store in the fridge for at least 20 min. before serving.
*You can use the remaining coconut water and cream in your soups, stocks and cooking water for extra flavour