Dark Chocolate Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Camino cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Combine olive oil, tomatoes, onion and garlic in a large sauce pan.
- Simmer for thirty minutes until tomatoes are extremely soft.
- In a food processor, combine the mixture with the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Serve with your favourite pasta, veggies and beans.