Double chocolate chip cookies
- 2/3 cup organic butter, melted
- 2 cups Camino Whole brown sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 organic or free range eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose organic flour
- 2/3 cup Camino Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Camino semi-sweet (55% cocoa) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic walnuts, or pecans coarsely chopped, optional.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- While oven is preheating, spread walnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 5 to 10 minutes, watching carefully.
- Cream together Camino whole brown sugar and butter, then mix in hot water and egg.
- Stir together flour, sifted Camino cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder until well-combined. Mix in, then mix in Camino semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto ungreased baking sheets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.