Earl Grey Ice Cream
A rich and creamy homemade Earl Grey ice cream. The secret to its delicious flavour is a few simple ingredients combined with Equal Exchange tea.
- Combine cream, milk, sugar and salt in a saucepan and simmer over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks, then slowly add the milk-sugar mixture, whisking constantly.
- Return the egg mixture to the pan and add the Earl Grey tea bags. Cook over low-medium heat, stirring frequently.
- After a few minutes, the mixture will begin to thicken and turn a light gray colour as the tea brews.
- Remove the mixture from the stove and let it steep for 5 minutes. Squeeze the tea bags and remove them. Pour the mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Transfer the mixture to the ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.