Gluten-Free Granola Bars
These gluten-free, nut-free granola bars will be a welcome addition to lunchboxes. The sunflower seed butter and rolled oats make them a stick-to-the-ribs snack.
- ½ cup local honey
- ½ cup organic sunflower seed butter
- ¼ cup Camino whole brown sugar
- ¼ cup organic butter or margarine
- 4 ½ cups granola
- ½ cup Camino Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp organic cornstarch
- ¼ cup Camino Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- In a saucepan, combine honey, sunflower seed butter, sugar, and butter. Bring it to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine granola, coconut, and cornstarch.
- Stir the honey mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Press into greased or parchment-lined 13” x 9” pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and press gently into the bars.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- While still warm, cut into bars without removing from the pan. Leave to cool thoroughly before serving.