Homemade Hot Chocolate
Simple, yet satisfying when you want a homemade hot chocolate that is not overly rich. Adjust the amount of sugar to your taste.
- 6 squares of Camino unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 Tbsp Camino Golden Cane Sugar
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 2 cups organic milk
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla
- Whipped cream or marshmallows
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate squares, slowly add to the melted chocolate 2/3 cup boiling water, stirring continuously until smooth.
- Meanwhile, warm up the milk (don’t boil) and add sugar to it.
- Combine milk with the chocolate sauce in the double boiler, and stir thoroughly. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla.
- Serve hot in mugs garnished with marshmallows or whipped cream, if desired.