No Bake Nuts Brownie
For the Brownie
- 1 1/2 cups of dates
- Juice of two limes
- 1 1/2 cups of organic walnuts
- 1/4 cup of Camino cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of organic agave syrup
- 1 pinch of organic nutmeg
- 1/4 cup of Camino shredded coconut
For the Nut cheese topping
- 1 1/2 cups of cashews
- 1 tsp miso
- 1 package (6 oz) of creamed coconut (or 3/4 cup of coconut butter)
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
For the Decorations
- 2 tsp Camino cocoa powder
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- To prepare the nut cheese, put cashew in a big bowl and cover with water. Let stand for a few hours or one night at room temperature. Drain and blend into a paste with the miso in the food processor. Let stand for 24 h at room temperature.
- To prepare the brownie, use the lime juice to rehydrate the dates. Let stand for about one hour. Then, put all ingredients of the brownie (except the shredded coconut) in the blender and mix. Pat into a square mould. Cover with the shredded coconut, and lightly pat it into the brownie’s paste.
- Prepare the topping by putting the cashew nut paste with all the other ingredients and mix. Put onto the brownie.
- Mix together some cocoa and agave syrup to make decorations.
- Place in the fridge or in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Leave out for a few minutes at room temperature before serving. If you plan to eat it within a few days, it can stay in the fridge; the topping will be softer.