No Bake Vegan Oats Chocolate Bars
These No Bake Oats Chocolate Bars are great for busy days when you need a quick and tasty treat. With just a handful of ingredients, you can whip them up in no time. Packed with wholesome oats that showcase our new Creamy Chocol-oat Chocolate Bar, which adds a smooth and silky creaminess that elevates these…
- 2 cups organic quick oats
- 1 cup organic oat flour
- ½ cup Camino Whole Brown Sugar – adjust to taste
- 1 cup organic vegan butter
- 2 tsp pure organic fair trade vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 bar of Camino Creamy Chocol-oat Chocolate
- ¼ bar of Camino Creamy Chocol-oat Chocolate Bar, decorative (optional)
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil (or organic vegan butter)
- Grease an 8” rectangular baking tin (or 8” square baking tin) with vegan butter and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add quick oats, oat flour, sea salt and mix together. Set aside.
- Add vegan butter and brown sugar into a small saucepan on low-medium heat. Heat through until butter melts down and brown sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- Gradually pour the melted vegan butter and brown sugar syrup over the oats mixture, mixing as you go, until everything is well combined and a thick, sticky paste forms.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined baking tin, spread evenly and press firmly to get a nice even layer. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or freeze for 1 hour until firm.
Top Chocolate Layer
- Melt chocolate using the double boiler method or in a microwave. Once melted, add a pinch of sea salt, give it a good mix.
- OPTION 1. Once the oats layer is set, cut into 8 bars. Dip each bar halfway into the melted chocolate or spoon the chocolate over the bars and place on a parchment-lined plate or tray. Drizzle over more melted chocolate if desired to create a decorative design. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or freeze for 1 hour until fully hardened.
- OPTION 2. Pour the melted chocolate over the oats layer and spread it evenly for a smooth chocolate coating. Drizzle over more melted chocolate if desired to create a decorative design. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or freeze for 1 hour until set. Once the chocolate is fully hardened, cut into bars and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for a month. Place parchment paper between the bars, to prevent them from sticking together. When you’re on the go, pack them in a cool temperature-controlled lunch box or bag.