- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Camino Whole brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. organic margarine
- 2 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. dry yeast in 1/2 cup warm water
- 5 cup organic white flour
- Put in a bowl: quick oats, whole wheat flour, Camino Whole brown sugar, salt and margarine
- Pour over boiling water
- Stir in to combine
- In another bowl, dissolve 1 pkg. dry yeast in the warm water
- When batter is cooled to lukewarm, add yeast.
- Stir in white flour
- When dough is still enough to handle, turn onto floured board and knead 5-10 minutes. Place in greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down and let rise again, shape into 2 loaves and place in greased 9x5x3” pans. 8. Bake at 350° F for 30-40 minutes.
- Cool on rack, brushing loaves with margarine for a soft crust.