Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup organic butter OR organic margarine for a vegan option
- 1 cup Camino whole brown sugar
- 1 egg OR for a vegan substitute to the egg: 1 Tbsp Flax seed meal and 3 Tbsp Water- Mix the flax seed meal and water in a small bowl. Let the mixture sit for 2 – 3 min. to thicken it before adding to the recipe)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic all-purpose flour
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup Camino Semi-sweet (55% cocoa) chocolate chips
- 1 cup Camino shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cream butter or margarine and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg (or substitute) and beat.
- In another bowl mix flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and vanilla powder.
- Stir half of the flour mixture into creamed mixture until mixed. Stir the other half of the flour mixture into creamed mixture, and then stir in the shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon to measure cookie dough. Drop 12 tablespoons on each greased cookie sheet leaving an inch or 2 between cookies.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Cool on a cookie sheet and transfer to racks to cool further.