Orange Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Muffins bursting with the flavours of cranberry, orange and chocolate will wake up your taste buds. Enjoy these with company or just for a lazy day family brunch.
- 2 cups organic flour of choice (regular or 1:1 gluten-free flour)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup grass fed butter OR organic coconut oil
- ¾ cup Camino Whole Brown Sugar
- 2 organic or free-range eggs
- ¼ cup milk of choice (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 orange (juice and zest)
- 1/4 cup dried organic cranberries
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 Camino Cranberry Orange Ginger Zing Chocolate Bar, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Camino Whole Brown Sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt
- In another bowl, beat together egg, butter and sugar. Mix until fully combined.
- Add in the eggs, juice of one orange, orange zest and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the dry mixture and combine well (It will be thick).
- Fold in chocolate chunks and cranberries.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with sugar on top (They get crispy; highly recommend).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!