Quick Oatmeal Chocolate Squares
Oatmeal, coconut, chocolate and sunflower seed butter make these squares very satisfying. They’re gluten-free and nut-free.
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup Camino Shredded Coconut
- 1/3 cup Camino Whole Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup organic sunflower seed butter, such as Nuts to You
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, Muscovado and hemp seeds.
- Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in maple syrup.
- Spread in ungreased 8-9″ square microwaveable baking dish.
- Microwave on high, for 2 minutes.
- Stir well and press down firmly with a fork.
- Microwave for 2 more minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, combine chocolate chips and sunflower seed butter.
- Microwave at 70% power for about 90 seconds, or until melted.
- Stir well and spread evenly over warm base.
- Chill in the fridge before cutting.