Savoury Teriyaki Tofu
- 1 block tofu, sliced
- 3/4 cup organic soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Camino Golden cane sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 inch ginger
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Place tofu on a clean dishcloth. Cover with another dishcloth and place a plate weighted down with heavy books or cans to press out moisture for at least 20 minutes.
- While tofu is draining, combine soy sauce, Camino Golden cane sugar, garlic, ginger and corn starch in a medium saucepan. Cook soy sauce mixture until slightly thickened.
- Transfer the tofu into a pan, slice it and pour the sauce over. Allow sitting for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove marinated tofu slices from the sauce. Spread nutritional yeast onto a dish or a plate and coat both sides of each slice of tofu in nutritional yeast.
- Pan-fry slices in an oiled skillet until coating is browned and tofu is crisp.