Springtime Rocky Road
This Springtime Rocky Road is brimming with chocolatey goodness. It’s easy to make and jam-packed with delightful celebratory colours, flavours and textures in every bite. With just a handful of ingredients, kids will love to help make this simple no-bake dessert. The perfect festive sweet treat or edible gift everyone will love!
Rocky Road Layer
- 2 cups Camino semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Camino shredded coconut
- 1 cup coloured mini marshmallows
- 1 box of Camino chocolate eggs (cut in halves)
- 2-3 tsp coconut oil (or butter)
- 1-2 cups Camino semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup for thin topping, 2 cups for thicker topping)
- 1/2 tbsp Camino shredded coconut
- Coloured sprinkles (optional)
Rocky Road Layer
- Line an 8” square baking tin with parchment paper.
- Combine shredded coconut, coloured mini marshmallows and chocolate eggs in a bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Melt 2 cups chocolate chips using a double boiler or in a microwave. Once melted, add a pinch of sea salt, give it a good mix to bring out the chocolatey goodness! Let it cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour melted chocolate over the Rocky Road mixture and combine until everything is well coated.
- Transfer into the baking tin and gently press down until everything is evenly distributed.
- Melt the second amount of chocolate chips, 1-2 cups,using a double boiler or microwave. Pour over the rocky road layer, and add coconut and sprinkles to garnish.
- Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours, freezer for 45 minutes or until set.
- Remove from fridge or freezer and let it rest for 10 minutes. Cut into squares. Enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in the fridge (up to 2 weeks) or freezer (up to a month) in an air tight container.