Stracciatella Cheesecake Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar together. Mix in the extract (I used almond because I love the flavour of it with chocolate. Peppermint or orange would also be good, but perhaps just a half teaspoon).
- Stir in the flour and chopped chocolate until well combined.
- Form the dough into 1″ balls.
- Roll in chocolate crumbs so the balls are covered.
- Place the cookie balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, taking care to not overbake them like I did (I should have removed them at 12 minutes, but I went 15 and they’re a bit dry). There are no eggs, so if they’re a little underbaked, it’s okay.