Vegan Chocolate White Chips Cookies
These Vegan Chocolate White Chips Cookies are an irresistible sweet treat! A delightful blend of cake and brownies in cookie form, with a soft and tender texture that melts in your mouth. These cookies are star-studded with Camino’s new White Baking Chips, which shine bright and bring a lush and creamy flavour that perfectly complements…
- 1 cup Camino White Baking Chips
- 1½ cup Camino Whole Brown Sugar (Muscovado)
- ⅔ cup Camino Natural Cocoa Powder
- ¾ cup organic vegan butter softened (room temperature)
- ½ cup unsweetened organic apple sauce (or organic plant-based milk)
- 2 cups organic, gluten-free all-purpose flour* (or regular all-purpose for non-gluten-free option)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure organic vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, add butter and brown sugar. Mix with a hand mixer (or stand mixer) for a couple of minutes on low-medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and apple sauce and mix again until well combined.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt into the bowl and mix again until everything is well combined.
- Gently fold in the white baking chips.
- Bake straight away or place the cookie dough in the fridge for 20 minutes (placing cookie dough in the fridge will allow you to shape the cookies more).
- Scoop 1” mound of the dough onto a baking sheet, and press down gently to shape the cookies. Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove and gently add extra white chips to the top (to really make these cookies shine!) and let it cool for 5 minutes on the tray and transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
You can store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for a month. Place some parchment paper in between the cookies to prevent them from sticking together. In case the temperature is warm, refrigerating or freezing the cookies will help to preserve their optimal taste.
NOTE: These delicious cookies are best enjoyed with a tall glass of your choice of milk to complement the deep, rich cocoa flavour and the luscious creaminess of the white baking chips.
These cookies are soft and tender but will hold their shape and taste incredible.
* Results may vary slightly as different gluten-free blends can behave differently.