Vegan Pumpkin Tarts
Tiny pumpkin pies without dairy or eggs. Pecans are a delicious addition, but you can leave them out. Make in muffin tins for easy serving and a shorter bake time than a big pie.
- 2 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Whole Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup plain organic oat milk, such as Earth’s Own
- 1 Tbsp organic vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp organic cornstarch
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (your own or see below)
- Organic pecan halves
Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix:
This makes more than the 2 tsp you need. Keep leftovers in a jar for next time.
- 2 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp organic ginger powder
Use your favourite pastry recipe, or purchase pie dough.
- 1 can Coconut Whipping Cream (Cha’s Organic)
- 1 Tbsp Powdered organic sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Chopped organic pecans
- Salted caramel sauce
- On a floured surface, roll out pastry to 1/8″ thickness. Cut circles large enough to fill muffin tins.
- In a blender or food processor, blend all the filling ingredients except for pecans.
- Place 1-2 pecans in each tart shell.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp pumpkin filling (depending on size of muffin tins) to come to the top of the pastry without overflowing.
- Bake in preheated 400 oven for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Let cool on rack.
- Spoon coconut cream into bowl of electric mixer.
- Beat for 1 -2 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp powdered sugar and 2 tsp vanilla
- Add dollops to top of cooled tarts.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.