Zesty Chocolate Cranberry Cupcakes
These cupcakes are filled with moisture, and festive orange, chocolate and cranberry flavours! The cupcake base is an orange olive oil cake base, the frosting is an American buttercream frosting flavoured with the melted Cranberry, Orange, Ginger Zing bar. Every bite of these cupcakes is as delicious as the last. Don’t forget to share with…
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose organic flour
- 1 ¾ cups Camino Golden cane sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup oil (olive oil or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 large organic or free-range eggs
- 1 cup plain organic Greek yogurt
- 1 – 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 cups unsalted and softened organic butter
- 2 ½ – 3 cups organic icing sugar
- 2/3 – 1 full bar of melted Camino Cranberry, orange, ginger zing dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cupcake tray with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, orange juice, eggs, yogurt and orange zest.
- Fold in dry ingredients and combine well.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 16 – 18 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).
- Allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- To make the buttercream, add softened butter into a stand mixer bowl and beat. When smooth, add in the icing sugar ½ cup at a time until the icing is just sweet. Place the chocolate bar in a bowl and in the microwave on medium heat (30 seconds at a time), until melted. Pour the slightly cooled chocolate into the buttercream mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Using a pastry bag and a piping tip of choice, add the frosting on the cupcakes. Top with sprinkles or however you desire.
Notes: Cupcakes are best consumed within 3-4 days of baking. The cupcakes can be frozen prior to frosting for up to 3 months.